Due to the significant increase in net profit versus last year, BB Biotech AG is pre-announcing its after-tax result for the first half of 2012 in compliance with ad hoc publicity rules.
Based on the unaudited consolidated results, after-tax profit for the first half of 2012 amounts to CHF 354 mn. This result is a reflection of the successful investment strategy of BB Biotech AG and its consistent implementation.
BB Biotech AG will publish its detailed half-year results on July 19, 2012.
- Expected Group net profit of about CHF 8 million
- Positive operating result at Bank am Bellevue and Bellevue Asset Management
- No further need for extraordinary write-downs and impairments as in previous year
“A reasonable balance of power could emerge between the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces and the Muslim Brotherhood.”
Malek Bou-Diab, Lead Portfolio Manager BB African Opportunities
- Asian economic growth continues despite debt problems in the developed world
- Smaller ASEAN countries are an attractive investment addition to the region heavyweights of China and India
- Entrepreneur companies are more prominent in South East Asia (65% of listed companies vs. 37% in North Asia)
- ASEAN investment opportunities range from regional low cost carriers to Indonesian real estate to, in a longer term, Myanmar
- Performance YTD of the BB Entrepreneur Asia Fund (B USD): +18.5% vs. MSCI Asia ex Japan +13.8% (as of 04/30/2012)